About The Sabbatical Guide
Who We Are
The Sabbatical Guide was established in 2018 with the purpose of building pragmatic guides to both sabbaticals and travel. It is designed to fill a gap in the market where very little content existed, and be the go-to place on the internet for sabbatical information.
Meet The Team
Ben Reeve – The Sabbatical Guide Editor
Ben is the founder of The Sabbatical Guide, a site he created after realising there were very few practical resources available to help people take career breaks.
He’s travelled extensively from a young age and has lived in the UK, South Africa and Australia.
Ben is also a National Manager for a major Australian retail company and uses that experience to inform the career aspects of this site.
Ben has had articles about sabbaticals published in The Times, The Daily Mail and on the world’s biggest travel blog Nomadic Matt. He is committed to
Lyndall Farley – Sabbatical Coach
Lyndall is an experienced Sabbatical Coach and Consultant helping people get the most out of their sabbatical at her company Beyond a Break. Her coaching approach is tailored to each individual, supporting them as they embark on their sabbatical, collect new perspectives and use the experience as a catalyst for change in their life and career. Lyndall also works with companies setting up sabbatical programs to boost employee wellbeing providing workshops, guidance, and coaching.
Lyndall is a true believer in the power of sabbaticals. She has taken 11 sabbaticals (solo and with her family) and has now guided hundreds of people on their sabbatical journeys.
Since the beginning of her career, Lyndall was using sabbaticals to step back, recharge and reflect, so that she could return and leap forward with her next big challenge. She spent 10+ years working for a global consulting firm specialising in Organisational Change Management before training as a coach and launching her business. She is currently studying a MSc. in Psychology and Neuroscience from King’s College London and combines all this experience into her coaching approach
Lyndall is Australian and has travelled to over 65 countries on all 7 continents. She’s lived in the Sydney, America, London and now lives in Amsterdam with her husband and daughter.
Our Core Values
There are some core values at the heart of The Sabbatical Guide that drive us forward in our mission to help others plan and take a sabbatical.
The team at The Sabbatical Guide all understand the benefits a sabbatical can bring and are committed to spreading the word about them. Our main purpose is to help others with basic information, inspiration, career and planning guides to take a sabbatical.
When we are producing travel content, we aim to make it first-hand, so that readers are gaining benefit from someone who’s actually been to the destination. Where this is not possible, we try to make this clear.
There are many topics we write on (such as sabbaticals) that require a wide range of information added to the article to articulate our points. We endeavour to put lots of research into these topics and cite our sources, so you can read the studies and original content yourself.
We aim to write pieces that inspire others, not ones being critical.
We aim to make our travel and sabbatical guides practical, actionable and relevant to as many people as possible.
How To Write For Us
Interested in contributing to The Sabbatical Guide? We are always looking for new ideas and destination guides from writers and content creators.
Please head to the write for us page for full details on how to contribute to the site.
How To Contact Us
There are a number of ways to contact us.
Drop and email through to firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions or comments, and we’ll get back to you. You can also use the contact page.
If you would rather send us a letter, you can reach us at 24 Monmouth Street, Newport, Victoria, 3015, Australia.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.
Awards and Honours
- Nitestay.com – 55th in ‘Top 100 Blogs to Follow in 2018’
- The Planet D – Featured in ‘The Best Travel Blogs 2020 Edition’
Places We’ve Been Featured
- BootsnAll Indie Travel Guide – What To Do With Pets When You Take A Sabbatical
- Career Gappers – 9 Ways a Sabbatical Benefits You (and Your Boss)
- Cooperatize Journal – How To Proofread Blog Posts
- Cousin Island Special Reserve – An Unmissable Trip To Seychelles
- Nomadic Matt – An Interview With Ben Of The Sabbatical Guide
- The Culture-Ist – Sabbatical Leave: A Quick Guide To Taking A Break
- The Planet D – 10 Unmissable Things To Do In Seychelles
- Travel Dudes – Going On Sabbatical: Taking Extended Leave To Travel
- World of Away in 365 Days Podcast – Why Sabbaticals Make Sense If You Love Your Career
- Holiday Extras UK – Featured in their Thailand guide
- The Times UK – Featured as part of a sabbatical article (Aug 2019)
- The Times UK – Contributed to ‘Could 2021 be the year of the sabbatical?’ (May 2020)
- This Is Money – (The financial section of the Daily Mail). Was a source for ‘Could YOU afford to take a sabbatical for the trip of a lifetime… and would your boss let you? We asked money experts how to plan a travelling career break’ (March 2023)
- Scoot Airlines – Featured in their in-flight magazine (Sept 2019)
- A Passion And A Passport – The Ultimate Road-Trip Checklist
- Asia Uncovered – 17 Unique Things To Do In Bangkok
- Boomeresque – Travel Book Gift Recommendations
- Brogan Abroad – Why Travel Insurance Is So Important
- Darek and Gosia – Top Warm Places To Visit In Europe (Spring)
- Explore Now Or Never – The Amazing Europe Bucket List
- Free Two Roam – Wildlife Encounters Bucket List
- Globe Trove – March In Asia: Exploring The Continent Bit-By-Bit
- Honeymoon Always – Where To Go Backpacking In Europe
- Karolina Patryk – How To Survive Travelling With Your Partner
- LL World Tour – Great Gifts For Travellers
- Luxury Travel Hacks – Unique AirBNBs From Around The World
- Once In A Lifetime Journey – The Best Beaches In Southeast Asia
- Pack The PJs – Most Incredible Beaches In The World
- Passports and Adventures – Unusual Places To Eat With Kids
- Sofia Adventures – 11 Stunning Places To Visit in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- To Travel Too – Top 25 Memorable Asian Day Tours To Enjoy
- The Career Break Site – Newsletter featured my free finance tool
- The Globe Trotter GP – 18 Of The Best Temples In Thailand
- The Silver Nomad – UNESCO Sites Off The Beaten Track (Asia)
- The Travel Scribes – 21 Iconic Landmarks in Thailand
- The World Was Here First – 28 Best Stops on a London to Edinburgh Drive
- Travels With Talek – 20 Best Travel Apps For Europe, Asia & America
- Two Tall Travellers – The Best Places To Travel In February 2020
- Wales To Wherever – Best Destinations To Visit In 2020